300ml of double cream
300g of creme fraiche
50 g of soft brown sugar
1 punnet of fresh strawberries, sliced
1 medium size loaf tin.
I use brown sugar here because I like the faint butterscotch flavour it adds to this dish.
- Whip the cream and the sugar until thick.
- Gently fold in the crème fraiche.
- Line a medium loaf tin with a large piece of cling film (you want enough to fold back over the mixture).
- Create a layer of sliced strawberries, followed by a thin layer of semifreddo mixture.
- Repeat three times, finishing with a layer of strawberries.
- Cover with the cling film, and freeze.
- Take out of the freezer about 20 minutes before serving to allow to soften slightly. Slice and serve